Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 3 Post-Op

So today's day 3 after my surgery. I'm still in a goodly amount of pain, and have a decent amount of stress at home to deal with in addition. (Dave is an excellent caretaker for the most part, but then he's a schlub around the house for the rest, and I'm like bitch, get your normal shit done too!!) Also, the new cat, Jack, has another eye infection we think - but who knows. It's truly absurd...we were done with meds for 3 days and the symptoms came back. Really? Really.

Anyway, also kind of ducked having to entertain Dave's family by sleeping. Which is what I've been doing a LOT of - sleeping. I feel like I'm not getting enough fluids in because I'm not awake enough. But literally the sleepiness is more akin to narcolepsy, where I'm falling asleep as I'm doing stuff. Like this morning, I made some hot tea for myself, and fell asleep while holding it and spilled it all over myself and the chair. Aaaand that's not the first time that's happened. Let's not forget the seemingly drunk texts, shall we?

Also, I've had diarrhea - which I'm actually very surprised by. Where is it coming from? I haven't had any solid food since last Monday! I also threw up some liquid Tylenol shortly after I took it last night. I think it may have been too quickly or something, but I don't know. Just...yeah. Made it about a dozen steps from the bathroom and turned right around. I was able to handle it today... And especially after I've actually gotten more familiar with these little cups of mine.

OH and I have my sippy cup. My first one broke this morning or last night (can't remember), so Dave went out and bought me another.

So, since I've been home, I've had water, isopure, powerade, and some popsicles (crystal light poured into molds), and that one cup of ill-fated tea. I would really like to try some broth, but it's hard to find a reason to go out to get literally one thing of miso soup and that's it. -_- I'm going to try and coerce him into going to H-Mart tomorrow so I can just get some regular miso and make the soup myself. I'm looking forward to the full  liquids like you cannot believe - I do love me some protein shakes, and I'll be able to have some other things in addition to that, so I am pretty excited! And that's only in like 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment