Thursday, March 28, 2013

Food Poisoning =/= Post-Operative Dietary Woes?

I am slowly recovering from my first (and hopefully last) encounter with food poisoning - brought on by what I believe to be some of the Nutrisystem frozen french toast and pancakes I scavenged from my parents' freezer (that was probably x months old - but they were frozennnn!). After I was able to tolerate anything, I was just drinking water and Vitamin Water Zero, and have slowly moved onto the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). However, I'm wondering - will any of these agonizing things that I went through with the food poisoning occur similarly after my surgery? In addition, will I be as weak and sleeping all the time as I have been doing? Will I have a hard time breathing because my abdomen is in pain? I am concerned actually more about the breathing issue. I can't laugh right now other than a small forced chuckle, which is dreadfully depressing.

In other news, I had to reschedule the secondary EKG I have to undergo - it was meant to be this past Monday, but I didn't have a referral... And I may not have a referral for my rescheduled date (this upcoming Monday). My first EKG came back with some irregularities, that there might be low blood flow on the right side of my heart. Not something you would think to see in a 27 year old, to say the least. The nurse that called me to give me this information told me that, most likely, if you have larger breasts (which I do), it can show up as dark areas on the film and give them inaccuracies. So, still - have to do it again. A bit concerned that my weakened state from the food poisoning will truly show some heart issues.

And lastly, on another food poisoning related note, I've dropped at least 5 lbs in the past 3 days. Which would be a nice bonus if I weren't trying to be very careful about my exact weight numbers. So it's a bit harrying. Hopefully everything will be fine at the next session, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment