Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Superfruit/Vitamin Drinks

More reviews! Sorry to barrage two in a row, but they're on my mind, so...out it goes, before I forget.

bai5 Sumatra Dragonfruit Antioxidant-Infused Beverage
So, I picked this up at the 7-Eleven on a lark. Dragonfruit? Sure, what the heck. Overall the price was about average for a 7-Eleven "fancy drink" ($2.49), but the taste was...odd. The flavor, in addition to the coffee fruit, is dragonfruit (maybe?), pomegranate and strawberry. So overall the taste was good, but there was an odd muskiness that I felt was related to the coffee - and this is before I read that it was the fruit that surrounds a coffee bean, so it couldn't have been psychosomatic. (Follow-up note: I don't like coffee, period.)
Truly, I was more enamored with the sudden realization in my little naive coffee mind that the beans didn't just come by their ownsome - that they were inside wee cherry-looking fruits. (Look! LOOOOK!!) I drank the whole bottle, and the juice was nice enough, but for the price and the odd taste of it, it's not something I would seek out with relish.



Vitamin Water Zero: XXX (Acai-Blueberry-Pomegranate)
So, this isn't anything new on the market - but it's mostly to say that yes, I've tried it, yes, I love it, and yes, it got me through a nasty stretch of food poisoning with amazing grace and aplomb. It's widely available, relatively inexpensive (usually $1-$1.50/bottle), though you may have trouble finding the Zero version. So this is something I will buy again. The vitamins contained in the drink are Vitamins A, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin C, and Manganese, especially Vitamin C.


Propel Zero: Berry
This "nutrient enhanced water beverage" is pretty darn tasty. I picked it up after I ran out of VitaminWater with the food poisoning, and it's pretty nice. The main vites it's got are B&E, but it comes with Vitamins C, E, and B6. There aren't significant amounts of any of these vitamins (no more than 25% of any one of them).

No comments:

Post a Comment