Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Back into the maelstrom

So, today is my first day back at work, even though it's just a half day. My desk was literally clean, but not actually clean. There's a huge stack of work for me to do, and my tendency is to try and knock it out as soon as I get it. I'm having to force myself to slow down so I don't go under.

In addition, I've been struggling for a few days to get my protein and liquids in. My liquids haven't been as bad, and I'm paying close attention to my body's signals to watch for any signs of dehydration. Protein...just having difficulty because I've been having stomach trouble with getting protein shakes down. I've been able to do some Isopure Zero Carb (waters), but it leaves an odd film on my teeth, and it makes my breath stink. I've been trying to make some smoothies, but they're touch and go. So many of them use bananas, I guess for a thickener? But they end up all tasting like banana. I made a pumpkin pie smoothie last night that was best described by Dave as tasting like "banana with pumpkin spice." Yes, I included the pumpkin. The sum of the shake was 30g of protein, but I was only able to finish half last night. I took the rest for lunch today, but about halfway through that I had to stop... just discomfort and a little bit of nausea. Don't know if it was the taste or what. Alas.... alas. I am going to have to do some more finegling.

No comments:

Post a Comment