Monday, July 15, 2013

So, I finally had some issues

(By the way - I don't know if any of you have recognized this, but I have a predisposition to starting posts, paragraphs, sentences with "So,". I know it's pretty unnecessary, but it's how I do! How. I. Do.)

Saturday night, I started having some diarrhea after having the soup. I'm guessing it's due to the richness of it? But I also had other new things - caffeine (Earl Grey and generic Lipton tea) as well as Equal. I know you're not supposed to try more than one thing at a time, but obviously I was like "ha~, my stomach's been complacent/compliant/etc, so I'll be all good!". Yeah, no. So, my stomach woes continued through Sunday morning and throughout the day.

Our (Dave and my) original schedule for the day was to go to lunch with my friend, check out my sister's new digs, and then head up to Manhattan for a concert he was playing at a club on the Lower East Side. Well! I had already had trouble being carsick on the way up, which has never happened to me in my life. With the stomach troubles continuing, there was just no way I was going to be able to make the haul up to NYC (2 hrs), hang out in a club, then 2 hrs back, or 5 hrs if we went directly from NYC home (and get home like 1 am). Since I was home, I wouldn't've been able to just have Dave drive my car - and something I probably wouldn't have done anyway. My dad would have wigged. out. if Dave drove my car. And I would've been wigging out too, since he's still a pretty green driver and New York City was treacherous for me, and I'm seasoned and savvy. So all the plans got jumbled up, like they were thrown in a hat and shaken by a five-year-old. What ended up happening was we hung out with my friend at her house instead of going out to lunch (I was sticking to clear fluids, so at least I followed those instructions for post-stomach-upset), then came back and packed up the car, then drove Dave up to the Hamilton New Jersey Transit station so he could take the Northeast Corridor train up into NY Penn Station, then take the F train over to the club. This is of course all with his guitar and amp and clothes - generally this that and the other thing. He has never had a case for his electric guitar, so we managed to find a case at home (thank god for pseudo-musicians in the family!), though it was an incredibly poor fit and made his guitar bang around. So it was padded with all his crap. Needless to say, he was lugging around some serious weight. After the concert, he had dinner at The Meatball Shop, then hopped back on the train and headed over to the Javits Center to pick up a Megabus at 11 (pm) to come back to Baltimore directly. While he was doing his things, I drove back from the Hamilton station and checked out my sister's new digs, then drove home on 40, the more circuitous/pokey route, so I would be able to stop pretty much any time if I needed to. It ended up taking me a lot longer to get home than expected, but I survived. I also pre-emptively took an anti-nausea pill, full well expecting the car sickness to return. Then I dootzed around at home, fell asleep for about an hour, then woke up again at 1:30 to go pick up Dave from the bus stop in White Marsh at 2:20 am. Dave's friend crapped out on us (no surprise to me, but whatever - it's hard to earn my trust back once it's been fractured and then broken), who is always a night owl and would've been much better to pick him up. Oh no, drag Laura out, who is feeling like crap and has driven 5 hours today, to go pick up her boyfriend, because she's loving and responsible. Bahhhhh.

Sooo, that saga's over, though I slept til 11 today. I slept on the recliner because Dave was kind of whining/minorly complaining about how he wants a King or California King sized bed because he wants to have the option to cuddle with me or to stretch the f-- out. Right now, we have a full. Since he had quite an exhausting journey with the concert and schlepping probably a total of 50 lbs of weight around New York, I told him to just take the bed and I'd plop on the recliner. I woke up briefly a few times to find my cat Disa sleeping on me in multiple positions, which I loved very much. She's my oldest cat (6 yrs old), and is the sweetest most loving girl ever. She's a tabby/Bengal mix, and since Bengals are supposed to have a slightly longer lifespan, I'm hoping she'll live forever.

I'm feeling slightly better today, though wary to go back to my purees, which is what stage I was at. I'm sick of the clear liquids (I'm not a fan of drinking bottles of Isopure Zero Carb at length, since it gives me bad breath and puts a weird film on my teeth), and definitely want to take advantage of these smoothie recipes and juicing and etc etc.

There's more I want to post about, but this post is getting excessively long, so I will try and resume later after people have had a chance to sit back and not listen to my rambling.

Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment