Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What I'm Eating, 1 month out

So, here's a snapshot/example of what my meals are currently looking like, as I continue to transition from purees to soft/solid foods.

Morning: protein shake, usually just regular protein powder + water

  • Right now I'm using Dymatize ISO-100 whey protein powder, milk chocolate flavor (discontinued?) picked up at my local GNC. I recently reordered from Amazon, and went for the gourmet chocolate, so we'll see how that goes!

Mid-morning or mid-afternoon:   low-fat or part skim mozzarella string cheese

Lunch: 2 oz of lunch meat, lean

  • Turkey or roast beef at the moment; ones that would be definitely out: bologna, pepperoni, salami, etc.

Dinner: "interesting" protein smoothie
  • This is where I try out some of the recipes I find around the internet - I have a Pinterest board for those recipes, of course. I had to separate it out from my 'old' food board, since I didn't particularly want to wade through all the delicious stuff that I can't have anymore!

Dessert: optional! Sometimes I will have pudding, or an amazing apple cinnamon Greek frozen yogurt that they sell at Giant (store brand!), but that's only if it's around and/or made. Otherwise, by the time I'm done dinner, I probably won't be hungry again the rest of the night.

I am hoping to start more solid foods at dinner time, though. It's just hard at the moment because we have a lot of "Dave food" in the house, and not much "Laura food" other than a ton of smoothie stuff, lol! Sooo, smoothies are where it's at. I made a delicious maple cinnamon pancake smoothie last night...which unfortunately I can't seem to find on the internet. (I'll transcribe it later tonight for you guys!) And there are some really swell ones I've been making; not very many duds.

One of the savory things I have made is protein crepes. I did a manicotti-type filling with fat free ricotta, reduced fat mozzarella, and basil/oregano. It ended up being 26 grams of protein! Sweet. It made a kind of "smallish" crepe, imo, but I don't think it was meant to be filled like I filled it. Either way, it was fantastic. I made one for my boyfriend with spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil (and oregano)... It was kind of ginormous so I had to fold it into a square shape instead. Either way, om. Nom. Nom. Delicious. So I'm very excited to make that again! (BTW, I used unflavored protein powder, though if you wanted to make one on the sweeter side, you could use flavors like vanilla or chocolate. Lots of room for experimentation here!)

Ok, onward and upward! (Or, downward, I guess. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment