Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Pancake Protein Shake, and "Lady Talk"

Ok, so I'm a day late... Sorry loves. Here's the recipe, though, as promised!

Maple Cinnamon Pancake Protein Shake

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
8 oz./1 cup skim milk

That's it! Blend that sucker up and enjoy! Om nom nom.


Ok, this part is for the ladies I suppose. Though, truly, men - don't be scared... It's just our bodies, right? :P Ninnies.

.............Ready?

I got my period last Thursday, and it was very heavy. It continued to be very heavy through Monday. Now, normally, I usually get my periods approximately every 45-60 days, and they are incredibly light, because I have a Mirena IUD. I asked my nurse, she said she figured it would be the other way around (lighter periods), but she said to contact my gynecologist to see about more information. So I called my gynecologist and left a message, since she was out of the office. When I talked to her on Tuesday, my flow had already gotten very light. So I spoke to her about it, and she said it's probably just your dietary changes and rapid weight loss, and your body is just trying to adjust. But, if I wanted to, I could come in for an exam just to make sure nothing was amiss with my IUD (though all she would be doing really is feeling for the strings, as she said - and that I can do that on my own of course). I was planning on making an appointment and then I got disconnected en route to the appointment setter lol. But I think it was for the best.

Because! Not being satisfied with either healthcare professional really knowing what was happening (like my fat foot...siiigh), I went to the internet! Of course. Other people on the gastricsleeve.com forums had spoken about this same problem, and a majority of them had Mirena IUDs. SO! More investigation. I came across this article at My Dukan Diet (author has since moved to this blog). I found it to be much, much, much more helpful than any of the doctorly advice I had received, and it immediately calmed my nerves. Please read the article - it's very well-written and researched rather well in my opinion. Anyway, while I got a shaky answer out of my gynecologist, this was kind of my solid double-confirmation.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help my problems, lol. But it explains a lot...the heavier bleeding, but also my insane acne that I've been having starting just over a week ago. Hooray, estrogen having a field day! In addition, I had my horrendous doom cramps in my right ovary... Off and on, I will get cysts on that ovary (only that one) that go away on their own; unfortunately, since they're so minor, there's nothing really to be done about it. So, this was one of those times. Though this is not an official/listed side effect of the Mirena IUDs, it's not uncommon at all. I'm concerned that if I went to my gynecologist and explained this all to her, she would remove the IUD and put me on the pill, which is used often to regulate estrogen more closely, as well as deal with acne. I used to be on the pill, and I was very bad about taking it. I wouldn't take it at the same time every day, mainly. Which means it wouldn't be working like it ought to be. I still cannot take a pill at the same time every day. I take pills every day, yes, but when they fit into my time table - and not at strict times by any means. In any case, DO NOT WANT. Seriously. Also the IUD is much cheaper for me in the long run, and more appropriate - since I'm pretty damn sure I don't want children, and a long-term birth control is much more suitable for my needs.

Still experiencing some light bleeding as of today, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was by any means. I hope that the next one won't be as earth-shatteringly-terrifying as this one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment