Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Downward turn

Last night I was having some major pelvic cramps and pain in what I believed to be my bladder. So, thinking, okay, urinary tract infection - I'll just hit up an urgent care place during my lunch break, get antibiotics, and go on my merry way.

Well, my body had other plans in store.

I woke up, got in the shower, shaved, and was about to wash my hair when I passed out. I slid against the wall and bumped against the knobs and landed on my ass. I think I was out for a few moments, maybe 30 seconds, maybe more than that. But I turned off the shower, because after I came to, I felt incredibly nauseated. I got out of the shower, and crouched near the toilet for a good 5 minutes, expecting to hurl. After I decided my stomach contents were staying put, I got back in bed and told Dave I wasn't going to work because I had passed out in the shower.

Cue rest of drama!

So we went to the urgent care place for those things. The urgent care then referred us to the emergency room, so they could do bloodwork, IVs, and other tests. (This was after doing a pee test and EKG at the u.c.) They asked if I wanted an ambulance, and I was kind of flabbergasted lol. If I can walk and have all my parts where they ought to be, I can be driven to the hospital.

So, into the ER. My blood pressure was lower than normal at the urgent care place - 87/61. I normally have low blood pressure, but whatever. Anyway, they did some bloodwork, pee test, and hooked me up to an IV. I went through two bags of saline, and it had my blood pressure dropping even more. LOVELY. So I sat up and started to dootz around a little, and then it was fine. ;.;

We were there 5 hours.

FIVE BLOODY HOURS.

You wonder why people have to wait so long to get a room in the ER...because people who can easily be seen to are wasting space there. Rrrrrgggggg....

Whatever. I'm home now, antibiotics, and a bandaid where the IV was. Just grumpy as all get-out. However, I got great news when I got home!! My FMLA was approved!! Which makes today's call-out a non-issue, thank god. Soooo, yeah. It's fantastic news. I also got the fabric samples I ordered, which I'm going to make into a small Tibetan prayer flag garland/chain/string. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment