Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pushing myself too hard, and sometimes not hard enough

I have been trying to work on expanding what foods I eat every day, as best I can. Unfortunately, that's been leading me to push the boundaries a little too far. I had been munching on raw almonds somewhat lately, and really chewing them down to the texture of pretty much nothing. Even so, they would still sit heavily in my stomach and be a little painful/ache-inducing. I didn't feel like throwing up, just felt...bad. I would end up taking an anti-nausea pill and/or some Gas-X dissolvable strips (which are kind of delicious and delightful). So last night kind of was the same thing, only worse. Granted, time's progressed, so I'm feeling more confident... Baaad idea. I made a few ramekins of blackberry slump. 1, it didn't turn out like I thought it would.. It was much more cakey than I was led to believe it would be. The blackberries didn't plop down, they just kind of hovered on the top. 2, yeah, much worse pain than the almonds had ever caused. I wandered around the apartment after having taking both meds, and then slept in the recliner, since I vaguely remember being told that you shouldn't lie down flat, because it will just make it worse. So! Live and learn. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other slumps, since I don't think Dave will eat them...

Ok, so that part kinda sucks. So let's get on to something better!

Saturday I signed up for a membership to Planet Fitness! Exciting. I got the Planet Fitness Black Card Membership, which allows me to use any other Planet Fitness for free, I get access to some special equipment like the Red Light Therapy booths, and most importantly, I can bring in one guest a day every day for free. Which makes this perfect for me going on my own or going with Dave, and being able to go anywhere is definitely a perk. It's very clean, and I definitely feel like I can be in total isolation, even with people running on the treadmills next to me as I dodder along walking, lol. So we went for our first outing on Sunday - Dave was more nervous than I was for once. It's definitely a new environment for both of us. Somehow I managed not to obsess about going though - I guess it's because I've already been through all of that, lol. That, and I have been noticing excess skin lately, which has gotten me incredibly depressed... So I'm kind of determined to take care of that, and that can only be done with exercise (short of plastic surgery).

I'm hoping to try out the Red Light Therapy booth, which is like a tanning booth, but it's supposed to be good for warming up your muscles and reducing cellulite and wrinkles and toning your skin..blah blah. It could be all smoke and mirrors, but it would be neat to give it a try. PLUS it looks like an evil teleporter or something. XD So it's worth it just for experiencing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment