Thursday, April 25, 2013

A week hiatus, for what?

So, I haven't posted in about a week because...nothing's happened, other than more frustrations. After I made the appointment for the cardiologist, I immediately called my primary care doctor to get the referral I needed. Well, surprise, don't have anything yet and haven't heard from their office whatsoever, even though I emphasized that I wanted a call back whether I needed to pick it up or have it mailed or anything. Even to confirm the details and verify that I still wanted it.

Well, yesterday my doctor's office was having phone problems, so I had no way to find out about my referral. I called a second time and was transferred (magically?) to a woman who said that the phones weren't working in the office, and that I should call back tomorrow (aka, today). Called back today...phones still not working. Seriously, isn't that..um..unacceptable?! I mean, my thing isn't an emergency situation (i.e. life and death), but still - there must be people who are having urgent issues. For example, what if you needed a refill on a prescription that you were about to run out of, and the pharmacy you use didn't have it? Then what? Tough noogies is what. >:(

Anyway, cancelled and rescheduled cardiologist for two weeks from now more or less.

In other news, I made an appointment to start seeing a therapist again next week. I am hoping I will not be going every single week, which is what I was doing before. It's just too much of a regular hassle for me.. I have been having a good amount of emotional difficulties lately, possibly a side effect of "renewing" my Mirena approximately a month ago, but who knows. We adjusted my medications when I went to the psychiatrist, so I think that's helping me be less manic than I was starting to be. But I am definitely depressed, and my social anxiety keeps rising and rising. I definitely could do without that, and with money being excruciatingly tight, I've been kind of using it as an excuse to not involve myself with other people.

On a more positive note, I have officially been donut-free for a month! Not sweets/cookies, but at least not a single donut. And that is a serious accomplishment for me. So, that's a bit of yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment