Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nutritional Homework!

So, I kind of had the mentality to read back through some of the paperwork from my nutritional information sessions, and re-setup my account on My Fitness Pal.  It's incredibly helpful, if you haven't already been to it or used it. The only thing I can't figure out at the moment is if there is a way to just set the numbers yourself, instead of them being generated from the information you enter. The reason I bring it up is that there are certain numbers I'm looking to "hit" now, pre-surgery, and afterward. So here's a quick breakdown:

  • Protein - 70-90 grams
  • Carbohydrates - < 200 grams
  • Fats - < 60 grams
  • Vitamins & Minerals - oodles & oodles
  • Water - 8 cups/64 oz.
So, I am hoping to track that. I *believe* I'm supposed to shoot for 1500 calories total? But I can't remember exactly, and it will take considerably more rifling through my binder of info. Anyway, I am needing to settle myself into that, post haste. I am already taking a good amount of vitamins and supplements - a regular multivitamin, a calcium supplement and a fiber supplement. I've also picked up a biotin supplement, but I'm going to start taking that a bit closer to "go time". Supposedly it's pretty common to have hair loss as a side effect, though most likely months after surgery... Most likely just protein deficiency, but many people on the gastricsleeve.com forums say that even with the requisite daily intake, they still had hair loss. So! Just another supplement to pop in there.

Anyhoo, time to start buckling down while I'm waiting for all this cardiology stuff to sort itself out, and deal with the weight gain from the IUD insertion.

No comments:

Post a Comment