Thursday, April 18, 2013

So, more information about several things...

First, let me give an update on the financial frustration from my last post. I am not able to make use of the sick bank whatsoever - they won't even give me an application. They will not even give me a piece of paper to try and plead my case. No no, you pay us oodles of money all year long and never use us for anything, but when you want something, you can kindly bugger off.

*twitch*

Needless to say that got me really hot under the collar. So now I'm doing an "extended sick leave request" - which is calculated (and approved?) based on the average sick leave you had available for the past 3 years as of 12/31. So, in short, I probably will get 1 day, if I'm lucky. I'm going to need probably a minimum of 10 days, and probably more like 15 days, of leave time... I will be lucky if I can even get a 7 I think. I am looking into applying for FMLA (Family & Medical Leave Act) to cover the extended time off, and further appointments/weakness/complications (god forbid), so we'll see how that goes. Unfortunately, FMLA does not equal pay - you still have to use your leave time. Also, if I am "out-of-pay" for a whole pay period, I have to pay for my whole health insurance myself. (Lovely!!!)

Ok, second thing. I had my second EKG on April 1st, after my primary care doctor refused to do one at her office and do just a side-by-side comparison. Then their office never sent it to my surgeon's office, so I had to get the copy I finegled and fax it over, which I did on either this past Monday or Tuesday. I was/am eager to get this part squared away so I can schedule my next appointment with my surgeon, so we can keep on truckin'.

So I heard back from the nurse finally, after she had had a chance to review the EKG paperwork. A good EKG isn't enough - I still need to get cardiac clearance. Know what that means? Another doctor's appointment! (Hooray.....) So I am scheduled to go to the cardiologist for a full appointment next week. Nevermind that a cardiologist signed off on my EKG. :T

In other news, I have been cutting back very well on my soda and caffeine, but I have been CRAVING sweets (mainly chocolate) like you would not believe. It's so difficult. :'( Just eating the Viactiv chocolate chews at night isn't cutting it. Soooo, I don't know if the cravings are escalating because of the no soda and/or caffeine? Or what. Also have been getting some significant caffeine withdrawal headaches, so that sucks too. But, meh - that too will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment