Thursday, April 11, 2013

Post-Appointment

So, I had my third appointment today. So far these are the appointments I've had, though some are more loosely termed as appointments...

1. Information Session
2. Appointment with Financials, Surgeon, and the Dietitian
3. Appointment with Dietitian (group appointment setting, with one other person)
4. Appointment with Dietitian (w/Dave)

My next appointment will be with the Surgeon, in a month's time, whereupon we will start submitting everything to the insurance company for authorization.

The appointment today (technically #4, if you count the info session as an appt) went well - more info on specifically the diet in the days preceding the surgery, then what I can and can't eat in the weeks/months following the surgery. There's a specific days, weeks, months, etc. breakdown. Most importantly, I can drink caffeine sooner than I thought. But still no carbonation for 6 months.... and pretty much no starches (breads, rice, pasta, etc.). Thankfully, Dave was there to absorb the information directly... so hopefully that will help him to realize what page I'm on, and get him more and more involved. Also, he will probably be going to all the upcoming appointments as well.

That's all for now - possibly more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment