Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Delicious High Protein, Low Carb recipe

So, I hadn't planned on putting any recipes up here, but after trying one of them last night, I knew it was just too good to keep to myself.

 
Honestly, I could just stop here. Daym Drops speaks the universal truth about this avocado egg salad better than I ever could:


*Ahem*

So! Continuing on. Gina's Skinny Taste recipes on skinnytaste.com is the keeper of this gem. The facts were these: Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • WeightWatchers Old Points: 3 pt • WW Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 4.6 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
Sodium: 132 mg (without salt)

She combined hers with a Flatout; I put mine in a Arnold's Pocket Thin Pita/Flatbread (Italian Herb).


Again...
Nothing else. Just its deliciousness in all its naked, unbridled glory. With the pita being 5g of protein and the avo-egg being 9.3g, this little guy has a surprising (to me at least) amount of protein - which I'm sure you could even bump up with some unflavored protein powder as well. Also, a total of 24.6 carbs - which really isn't that bad, considering it's a straight up bread product, and those generally scream of carbs.

Anyway, I know you are all ecstatic to get to it. So here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment