Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fat foot

My fat foot, aka my right foot and lower part of my right leg (mid-shin & down), has early lymphedema. I gave up on wearing my compression stockings (knee-highs) because they were incorrectly sized and I tore a few. Lots of excuses, etc. Anyway, they sucked, and I was doing fine without them, if my foot was unsightly in my eyes.

In the week or more, though, I have been having a good deal of pain in it, and the swelling has started to get a bit excessive. Wearing heels, even a low one, is patently absurd. Even sneakers hurt, since it's an enclosed environment.

Here are two pics I took in the middle of the after wearing heels that were about 2" tall, with a wide braided (elastic, fabric) band across the top.


(You can see the heel on the other foot in the second picture.)

SERIOUSLY. My toes are little sausages (moreso), and my foot looks like a peanut. These are hands down probably the most comfortable heels I own... And to have them be this agonizing with the pain of my foot (just an overwhelming tightness across my skin and pressure on the muscles and bones)...Arrrggghhh. I really hope the weight loss will help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment