Thursday, May 30, 2013

Family update

So, my mom has decided come hell or high water that she wants to come down and take care of me. It will be her solo, which is slightly less stressful. I've explained to her a good amount of the whole "look I can't eat solid foods when you come down, or even mushy foods," since she will be down on my birthday and I hope she won't be trying to get me cake. I was doing my best to offer to entertain her a bit, since I know she will probably be itching to go out, but she said no, I'm there to take care of you! So we'll see how well that sticks, lol. She is always so active... I'm going to have to queue up a bunch of stuff on Netflix or something. She is just coming down for the weekend (a week after my surgery), and it will be a nice change of pace other than just seeing Dave, as much as I love his face, I'm sure he will be glad from waiting on me.

I'm kind of excited, but y'know, kind of worried. Hopefully everything will go well.

In addition, I have another therapist appointment tomorrow. I don't really want to go (I never do it seems), and I'm not 100% cool with this new one, as she is very....timid? Not really going with the slightly erratic flow of my thought process? It's just a bit difficult, and a lot of concerned/sad face nodding, even when I make jokes as part of my coping-ness. I guess I don't really know what I want from her or what I'm looking to get out of therapy right now, so I'm not going in a good direction. I don't know if I'm really getting enough feedback from her to feel like it's making any difference... After appointments I've had with previous therapists, I have a lot to think about. With her, I don't really - I'm just walking back to my car.

>:|

In other news, I am hoping to make some friends! Hilarious, right? I have signed up on meetup.com to do a few things, but I've backed out of stuff because of (a) money, and (b) terror. And I can use A as an excuse to cover up B. Hooray, social anxiety...... Anyway, I'm supposed to hang out with a person and do some t-shirt upcycling/crafting, so that might be fun. Hopefully it will be...and hopefully I won't chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment