Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Isopure Protein Drink

In my last trip to GNC, I picked up four bottles of Isopure Protein Drink, Zero Carb, in different flavors: Mango Peach, Icy Orange, Grape Frost, and Blue Raspberry. (Mainly those because I believe that was most of the zero carb ones they had.) These puppies have 40 grams of protein. So, drinking two of these a day would get me in my targeted protein window for sure - the window being 70-100g-ish... Most people don't get anywhere near that, and historically I could just eat carbs all day and only have maybe 10g protein max. So...tangent.

Anyway!

Today I'm finishing my last bottle, and I wanted to weigh in briefly on the drink. First of all, there is definitely a "mouth-feel" of protein powder. It's definitely the first thing I noticed when I opened up my first bottle (mango peach). Generally, that turns me off almost immediately... That mouth-feel also leads to an unpleasant coating on my teeth, and I've noticed my breath tends to be kind of stinky after all of the drinks..

However, once you hit a flavor you like, it's all smooth sailing. My favs were the grape frost and icy orange... the mango peach and blue raspberry were definitely not ones I'd buy again. I am almost definitely going to pick up more of the good ones, but at minimum $2.50-$3.50/bottle, it's something that I'll have to weigh the costs and figure out my best course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment